The Mountain Climbers exercise is a functional full body strength and balance exercise.
- This exercise uses no external material, just the weight of your body, and targets the legs, Iliopsoas, abs, lower back, chest, arms and spine stabilization.
- It’s a great exercise for those who want to add variety to their core workout.
- Start with your hands on the floor at the distance of your shoulder, with arms extended. The hands must be aligned with your chest line.
- Try to maintain your trunk as a plank while you pull your knee to the projected chest line on the floor.
- Alternate pulling your knees to the projected chest line while you stand on your hands and stabilize your trunk.
- Working out with mountain climbers increases functional strength in a full body activation.
- Mountain climbers promote upper body stabilization while moving the lower body.
- Mountain climbers develop coordination, promote core strength and help avoiding lower back pain.
View other tutorials: